Mini-Bible Study Monday on a Tuesday

Yesterday got away from me and I wasn't able to get to the computer. But here are the verses that have been on my heart over the weekend - I hope encourage you.


Psalm 2 - The Reign of the Lord's Anointed
1 Why do the nations rage
and the peoples plot in vain?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves,
and the rulers take counsel together,
against the Lord and against his Anointed, saying,
3 "Let us burst their bonds apart
and cast away their cords from us."
4 He who sits in the heavens laughs;
the Lord holds them in derision.
5 Then he will speak to them in his wrath,
and terrify them in his fury, saying,
6 "As for me, I have set my King
on Zion, my holy hill."
7 I will tell of the decree:
The Lord said to me, "You are my Son;
today I have begotten you.
8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,
and the ends of the earth your possession.
9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel."
10 Now therefore, O kings, be wise;
be warned, O rulers of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear,
and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son,
lest he be angry, and you perish in the way,
for his wrath is quickly kindled.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him. (ESV)


I have had this as an echo in my heart... why do the nations rage? 

If ever there was a moment in my lifetime when there was an undercurrent of rage it would be now. Even inside of my own heart, as Former President Obama's presidency came to an end and President Trump's time has begun, I have felt a lot of feelings. I have felt the churn and turmoil of our culture. I have seen the anger and the fear, and I have seen the people misunderstanding the anger and the fear and if I'm honest that hurts even more. I don't know what to do with everything I'm seeing.

But as I read on I gain a new perspective the people plot in vain... the kings of the earth set themselves and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord and against his Anointed..." and I remember - hasn't it been the tale of humanity that we forget God? We get together and make our plans and totally leave God out? I'm not saying we shouldn't gather in protest and we shouldn't stand up for our beliefs - we need to, now more than ever, whichever side we took during the election, but we need to do so in light of God's presence with us. 

He who sits in heaven laughs - He isn't threatened by anyone or anything. He isn't scared or even a little bit worried. Not by the progressive agenda, not by the conservative resurgence. He wasn't threatened by a progressive in the White House, and he isn't scared of whatever it is you want to call the current President. God is King above all kings and rulers and presidents and congressmen and senators and Supreme Court Justices. He is King no matter who sits in our oval office.

Blessed are all who take refuge in him. Knowing this settles my soul. Whatever I say I want to say it from this place. This place of being settled, this place of security, from a place of love and compassion and trying to understand both sides and find common ground. I want to say this as a citizen of a heavenly kingdom with an eternal king.

Comments

Popular Posts