day 23: brave when I've hit a wall

Read: Joshua 5:13-6:20

"I feel like I have hit a wall," I said. It was a chilly November morning as I walked with my best friend, and we chatted about the big fight I'd had with my husband that seemed to come out of nowhere and had no logical resolution, at least not that I could see at the moment. I felt like I had hit face first up against my own personal Jericho wall. I felt like I had come to a set of circumstances that I couldn't control, or even improve and that only God to break through. 

What is your Jericho wall? 
Maybe it is a relationship, a dream, a job, a set of circumstances.

Here is the thing I notice in this story. It doesn't say how exactly this story took place, but I wonder if Joshua was seeking God's wisdom as they drew near the city. When Joshua hit the wall the thing he did was seek God. I don't think he expected a physical manifestation of God to come down from heaven but I think he did go away from the crowd to seek wisdom, and strategy from God. 

This is the first thing I need to do too when I hit a wall. The first thing I need to do is to seek God, seek His  perspective, and ask for His strategy.

How about you? Have you hit a wall in something? Maybe you went through a similar season. I'd love to hear about it in the comments. 

DSC_6826
Here is a picture of my husband and I from earlier this fall.


Have you enjoyed this series? Sign up for my newsletter to get updates and freebies and also to get the latest news about my online virtual Bible study for the month of November. 

Comments

Popular Posts