Monday mini-Bible Study: not what I was planning on



I sat down at the computer to write something else altogether. I pulled up Bible.com to copy and paste today's verses into my blog post and the site totally glitched out and did not give me the verse I searched for - it gave me the verse I needed for today.

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3 (ESV) 

The NLT translates these verses "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!"  I don't know about you but there is a whole lot going on over here that is the farthest from peace. I need my mind to be stuck on Jesus. I need my thoughts to be fixed on God. I need my trust to be in my Heavenly Father and not on my problems and stress and struggle.

The next verse in my crazy mixed up search results was this:

"Those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength they shall mount up on wings like eagles they shall walk and not be weary they shall run and not faint." Isaiah 40:31 (ESV) 

I need these words like I need the air I'm breathing. I need my strength renewed. I need strength to keep on loving in difficult situations.  I need my hope renewed.

So this morning this is my mantra - I trust YOU Daddy God. I trust Him will all of my mess and junk that I woke up with. All of the weariness and heartache and struggle. I trust Him with it. I welcome His peace, His strength, His hope. I give up trying to figure it out. I trust Him. I'm listening for His voice in the middle of my chaos. Trying to get my heart and my mind still and quiet even while my body is chasing around a 15 month old baby and two homeschooling boys.



Feel free to share these pictures on your social media pages or save them to your lock screen. 







The font is called "moon flower" 

Comments

Popular Posts